Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Flashback...

A half a decade ago, the Hammon Class of 1959 held a grand 45th reunion at Judy (Cribbs) Thomas's house in Elk City. It was well attended. I've forgotten how many of us were there, but I certainly enjoyed the day. Most of us went to the Hammon Alumni Banquet that evening.

Bud, at his expense, provided a booklet that contained a ton of interesting information. Included in the booklet was a large section of biographies. In addition to the biographies, we included several stories about the past and a poem by Shirley Young.

Shortly after the reunion, I created a web page that included some of the information contained in the booklet. I also posted photographs of that reunion. That web page is still in on the internet. I thought it might be interesting to post the link so that some of our classmates and friends could experience a flashback to our 45th anniversary reunion.

As a disclaimer, the original version of that web page in was gaudily put together. I was a rank amateur in creating web pages. Still am, for that matter. So I went back and tidied up the site by changing the gaudy colors and reformating the sub pages pages slightly. The content of the web page remains virtually the same. I didn't edit any of the written material.

For those interested in browsing the web page and its sub pages, here's the link. Enjoy!

The 45th Reunion of the Hammon Class of 1959

No comments:

Post a Comment